Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kevin gave me permission

So, kevin goes to college on tuesdays (other days too). david takes him to the bus in the early am. because he could possible miss the bus or stay late, on that day i give him my cell phone to call when he is close to great northern mall (pick up site). it is usually about 2:30. so about said time, he calls me FROM MY CELL PHONE to my HOME PHONE. this is very important to distinguish, or it makes no sense. in his defense, he didn't get much sleep the night before.

i am feeling goofy, as often happens. so, when i said hello, he said, it's time to get me. i said, oh, i'm sorry i can't. he says, oh. why not? i tell him it is because i am in kentucky right now and can't get there in time. he thinks, not says, i guess i'll walk around the mall a little bit til she gets here. i start laughing, and he asks what is so funny?? i tell him to think. he has the cell phone. i ANSWERED THE HOME PHONE. he still doesn't get it. (very sleep deprived, i guess) i ask, how can the home phone be in kentucky?? pause, pause. "It's not very nice to make fun of tired people." no, indeed. but fun.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I recently discovered at least 3 people who have been regularly reading my blog, but who never comment. Just so you know, I think most of us are reading your blog... :-) Because we love you and we are interested in what you're doing and what you have to say. Sometimes I just don't have a good comment to say. But I'll try to remember to say *something* from now on. Just so you know I'm still here reading. :-)

Carolyn said...

And your story about Kevin was funny!