Wednesday, March 12, 2008

pet names

I was reading amy at amy'shumblemusings and she wrote about the funny names that stick with us. my comment was

"We have "Dan the man", "Kiwi", Ryanryewheatoatsbarleyfarleyfudge", and "Kevobobby"

Oh, and the third one is easier to pronounce if you say Ryan rye wheat oats barley farley fudge. shortened to "Ry". Here is how it came about: Ryan got shortened to Ry. Rye is a grain. So are wheat, oats and barley. Especially if you are playing "Pit". Which rhymes with Farley. Which is "Fudge"'s real name from the Ramona series. See, it all makes sense now.

And Kevin's middle name is not Robert. It just got started by his sister when he started calling her Kiwi."

Are there any more?? Oh, i should have added my own: ChristyAnnaHannahAmmarillaHotDogHoHoHeHeHaHa. or not.

5 comments:

Ker said...

No, I think I started calling Kev "Kevobobby" before he started calling me Kiwi...and I know it wasn't in response to Kiwi. I just liked the name Bobby, so I just added it to the nickname I'd already given him (Kevo). Kevobobby goes waaaaay back. :)

And what about KerBear?

annahannah said...

ah, yes. Kerbear

Ihrayeep said...

you forgot that I frequently call kerry, kerbear...but I see in the comments that was corrected. Also I think including me and you in this list is a stretch as nobody actually *uses* those, unlike the other ones (especially kerry and kev).

We could list all of the many many things I have called dad over the years -- Faboo, for example, which came from Animaniacs if memory serves.

annahannah said...

yeah, faboo, vati, missy, mrs.

origami-man said...

I guess I'm not so much a nickname person. I do like my original email address, which I think my wife came up with probably 10 years ago, i.e. origami-man.