Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New kitchen floor

First, the ugly old kitchen tile that one could never really get clean because of all the crevices, etc. Plus, it's "harvest gold".



Showing you who it belongs to, in case you were going to steal it.



The first piece laid by my handyman.



See him in action. only took a week.



I guess this is just the padding stuff that lays under the laminate. But it looks like it's finally gonna happen.



About half way done. This is so exciting.



eh, voila!!



And from the other angle.



I keep walking on it saying, "I love my new floor". Come see it, you guys.

10 comments:

dan said...

Wow that looks like infinity times better.

Ker said...

wow, that is SEXY. Great job, Dad! It doesn't even look like our/your kitchen!

Carolyn said...

I agree, it looks a ton better! Great work! That harvest gold was kind of scary. :-)

Braden said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I amaze myself. I look back and say "how did I do that?". Maybe it was all that time I spent on my knees. For now, we are enjoying what is probably the cleanest, most uncluttered room in the house.
Dad G., aka "the handyman".

Ihrayeep said...

you know it's so much bigger that way. I vote you just leave everything out of it so you can enjoy the bigness ;-)

annahannah said...

but i really really like having the refrigerator in the kitchen. and there is really no room for it in the dining room.

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep your handyman! What a difference it looks greatmaybe you can host the next hen party!!

the Petterson Family said...

B-E-A-Utiful floor! I want I want I want...but first I guess I have to get a house. Thanks for commenting on my blog! You are the greatest! :)

the Petterson Family said...

BTW-I want the new one not the old one! LOL!