Monday, April 07, 2008

Total Locker Room Privacy

Last Friday, I went to swim at lifeworks. About 15 minutes before I was done, the lights flickered. And went out. And flicker. And out. And flicker. And out for good. We had lots of tall windows, so it didn't really affect me too much. I wondered about the poor man who comes in his wheelchair and uses the chair assist to even get into the pool. How would he get out??? Finally I was done. My locker isn't too far into the locker room...I thought with the light reflected off white walls I would be able to find it. I did. I thought I could do the combination by feel, as it is buttons, not a dial. But someone from Lifeworks wandered by with a flashlight and shined it on my lock. There was a little old lady in the same "indentation" as me. When she left, she asked me, "Will you be all right alone if I go??" I wondered what she could do for me, and said it was fine. And I skipped my shower--that was too much tempting fate. And then I got dressed in the dark which was very private.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Weird. I guess if all lockers rooms were very dark then dressing in the open would be less of a big deal! :-)