Friday, May 23, 2008

Poetry in Motion

I just found these poems at lightrefreshmentsserved.com and thought they were funny. hope you do too. and maybe when I'm done telling you theirs, I'll write some of my own.

Emily says:

This is just to say
I bought doughnuts a lot when you were little
And didn’t share them with you
Please forgive me
I needed them more than you did
And your father didn’t know either

{Now that one strikes home?;)}


and the blogger herself, Kacy says:

This Is Just to Say
I have taken the ring
and thrown it into Mordor
You probably wanted to keep it
and use it for evil
Forgive me
It was a great ring
So pretty
and so precious

This Is Just to Say
I killed your parents when you were a baby
They were incredibly talented wizards
but they were probably going to foil my plans
for domination
At least
I didn’t kill you
even though I tried
a lot

And now, mine.

This Is Just to Say
That using all your spare time to paint
And put in tile and decks and such is a pain
but when you consider the money we've saved
By sweat equity
Forgive me, but
It's worth it.
Maybe.
We'll have to see.

This Is Just to Say
That having a baby 18 months after the first
Is very stressful on the body
but when you are thirty
and want more kids
You do what you have to.
Forgive me for snoring.
I'm tired.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This Is Just to Say
That a degree in engineering is useful
And brings lots of money
but before it can do that
You need an engineering job
Like now.
Forgive me for saying
Quizno's isn't it.
Rats

This Is Just to Say
That McDonald's is a smelly job
And it doesn't pay well
but when you don't have a college degree
And don't want one
Your work options are limited.
Forgive me for pointing that out.
Big Mac coming up.
Boring.

5 comments:

Ker said...

Wow. Methinks a couple of peeps aren't going to think all of these are funny. :O

And I *am* tired! I was touched, truly. :) I have inspired my mother's poetry!

Also, I thought you shared the donuts with us...because it was our dinner!

annahannah said...

I didn't mean to offend!! Ry knows his situation. I thought he would agree with the poem. And Kev knows that without education he is limited. He just isn't ready to invest in it at this time.

Ihrayeep said...

I am vaguely borderline insulted / miffed. It's not like I want to stay at the Q you know.

annahannah said...

i absolutely know. It was a voicing of the frustration I know you feel.

kacy faulconer said...

Haha! They are easy and fun to write once you get going, aren't they.