Saturday, February 14, 2009

as long as I have meme'd once

Here is my 25 things. Nobody is tagged. I don't do that as well as I don't give names for tupperware hostesses or life insurance sales.

1. My first career choice was acting.

2. When I went to college, I changed majors 4 times.

3. One change was before I even got to college.

4. I want to learn lotsa lotsa languages, including arabic, hebrew, mandarin, french, spanish (better), german.

5. I didn't know that my serial depression was PMS related until after I was divorced. So, maybe 28-29?? It explained so much.

6. I would like to have had more children. Only I want them as adults. now.

7. I want to live near all my children and grandchildren. Okay, so you already knew that one.

8. I hate the texture of mushrooms. It's not the taste, it's the texture.

7. I love my vita-mix. I'd buy one for all my children if I could.

8. My brother Dave and I used to sing show tunes in the dining room while listening to records. I think we were best at Peter Pan and Mary Poppins.

9. Dave was going to come with me when I was going to run away from home when I was about 5. He was 2. He had a soggy diaper that hung down to his knees. My mom said, "see ya".

10. I would have made a darn good excellent midwife. I still have sorrow about not getting to practice.

11. One of my first purchases after my divorce was my king size waterbed. We still use the frame, only now it has a real mattress.

12. Peanut butter and chocolate: a heavenly duo.

13. I loved driving my van, both the VW and the caravan. I'd like to buy a Sienna or Odyssey.

14. Truly, I am a blonde. Why my hair won't cooperate is beyond me.

15. I swam 5 miles this week. 1 mile on Wednesday, and 2 on both friday and monday.

16. Fettucine Alfredo is nectar to the gods. Esp with chicken and/or shrimp.

17. I want to move to somewhere sunnier. But I also would hate leaving friendships of over 20 years.

18. I really love my grandkids. I miss them. I hate not being a bigger part of their lives.

19. I am married forever. I love my husband. He is just right for me. Hope he feels the same.

20. I am so happy to look at Dan now and know he GETS it about LDS. I wasn't so sure growing up.

21. I have a secret (well not very well kept) adopted son in Canada.

22. I quit drama club in my senior year in high school because the advisors insisted on producing "Our Town". I maintained that this was an English teachers' pick and that it was one of the most boring shows known to man.

23. I am great at Texttwist. Textwist II is harder and I don't like it as much. No hints about the big word by the words you already guessed on the side.

24. I was the Monopoly champion of our neighborhood. No one wanted to play with me.

25. I have a baby pillow since I was pregnant with Dan. They have had various incarnations, but I alwasy sleep with one still.

26. To make up for #7. I went to Perus as an exchange student in high school for 9 weeks. We went with another larger group of exchange students to Cuzco/ Machu Picchu. We all got altitude sickness, and convinced our chaperone to stay an extra day to make up for the sick day. While eating at an outdoor place, we saw the plane carrying the entire other group of exchange students crash into the mountains. No survivors.

1 comment:

annahannah said...

I note that I have 2 #7 and 8, besides making up for it in #26. Guess that makes 28 things about myself.