Saturday, February 28, 2009

long overdue

I just love reading all your blogposts!! Sometimes I even bop out of reader to the actual page to leave a comment. But I keep forgetting that I should be posting also.

I have swum/swam 5 miles in each of the last 3 weeks!! Wow, I impress myself. This week was particularly hard, as I went to the temple wednesday which is one of my swimming days. I was determined I was going to do the 5 miles anyway. Monday, I swam 3 miles. It made me get my 5, but I don't think I should ever do that again. I swam 2 miles yesterday.

I think that I should cut my swimming to 3 miles per week so that I am not so trashed on the day after. I also have other temple trips scheduled. I want to try to do some other form of exercise on the alternate days (richard with the 75 year old silver foxes that I can not keep up with) either a dvd or yoga or something. Now, I am so wasted on T/TH that resting is about it.

I love being able to skype with my peeps.

Speaking of peeps, I have seen easter peeps in the stores already. Didn't we just do mardi gras, or fat tuesday, and ash wednesday??? They must store well. And it made me think of Ryan and the peeps for academic tounaments. Did you burn them, Ryan?? or what did you do with them for luck??

I saw my old friend Vicky Shackelton at the temple on wednesday. That was nice. She told me she keeps up with me on my blog. Hi, Vicky! I had no idea she was reading. But when I came home I wondered, yeah, but how do "I" keep up with "you"??

I finally installed this software and a little bit of hardware on my computer that lets me make DVDs out of my VHS tapes. I did Princess Bride and Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies". Dad and I watched Princess Bride for our date. The picture was so good. But about 1/2 way into it, suddenly the voices didn't match the lips, which was annoying. By the end the lips were a whole sentence behind, not to mention the sound effects. Door slams in sound.....wait....wait....the door closes onscreen. Makes me wonder about Richard (Sichard). Do I move to the screen or to the sound???

I played a little sims2 the last couple of weeks. Of course, the new comp has vista which doesn't like it. I have to start it from the disc in My Computer. I made all my kids with families. I had to make Kennedy and Jenna kids in order to let Ezra and Katie be toddlers. I made my own standard family from the original Sims, Prince and Claire Charming. This is who I play so that none of the others grow up. I can't play too often, I think I played 3 or 4 times max. Otherwise, I get lost in the game and my butt and back hurt and nothing got done at home.

Well, it is almost time for my lights to end so I will close. Just remember I love you even when I don't post. But you guys all HAVE to post :))

3 comments:

Ker said...

Ah, yes, Sichard Rimmons. Richard Simmons' evil twin brother, of course!

Ihrayeep said...

Burned them. Funny you should mention that actually because I was *just* telling Vicki about that a few days ago b/c she bought Jacob some peeps as a reward for something :)

Ihrayeep said...

with a magnifying glass / glasses, usually.