Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More random web browsing

Hey, you guys, remember mr. silly???





This, from "Hollywood Flakes":

This X-ray shows a boy who swallowed magnetic pieces of a block one at a time. When they hit his stomach, they reconnected.




So you thin that cats have hairball problems?? this from a human



by the way, she stopped eating her hair.

actually, the things people ate came from
http://www.oddee.com/item_92016.aspx


This is also from hollywood flakes,

I was reading some threads in a teacher's forum today and found that most teachers of young children deal with pica. A frequently asked question among the teachers was, "How do I make them stop?" I liked one teacher's response for how she dealt with her first graders. She says:

"What's in you mouth!? Now if you accidentally swallow that thing I am going to have to get it out. Do you see how big my hand is? I'm going to have to stick my big hand down your throat. You can be sure that it will hurt. If you don't want my big fat hand down your throat then you better get that thing out of your mouth and keep it out!"
She reports and almost 100% effective rate for her method

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I was too afraid to go to that link. I saw it on Hollywood Flakes and I just didn't think I was brave enough to see the nasty things people have eaten!

Ker said...

That is NOT a hairball, that is an animal appendage! :) It looks like a hoof or something at first glance, and I'm not taking a second one! EWWWWWWWW

Yes, I do remember Mr. Silly, but I just remember the image and name, and not the story behind it.

Ihrayeep said...

I don't remember a Mr. Silly...did we have one, then?

annahannah said...

we had the book and you and dan had the shirt