Thursday, February 21, 2008

Temple trips

Alright, I confess. One of my goals, since last October, has been to go to the temple every month. I got myself a partner in this endeavor. Then we decided that, as long as we were going down to Columbus, we'd open it up to anyone who wanted to go with us. I was in charge of details. I made sure that the YW peeps knew, and the Primary peeps. We have been going now for 5 months. Last month or so, we had a new RS presidency called. Next thing I know, the temple trips are in the bulletin. It says to contact either me or the RS president. So, now, I no longer know if peeps want to go, cause they may be contacting her. I don't know if I need to get another driver. I don't know if peeps are cool with Columbus (i.e. notification).

I feel like MY project is now a RS project and that bugs me. I feel like just going myself and not telling anyone. If I had a bigger heart, I guess I would be thrilled to get help from the RS prez and thrilled that maybe more people who were cutting out after sacrament might go. But mostly, I feel angry. And going to the temple shouldn't be combined with anger.

Am I just petty?? I feel like if the RS or Enrichment committee wanted to set up something, they should have done it. If it's your project, you handle the details and I'll just decide if I want to come with you.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah, I can see where you'd be upset. It seems rather odd that they just kind of took over your idea.

Though I think you're right...going to the temple shouldn't be about anger. And if you feel angry about being put in this situation, then maybe you should just go when you really want to under circumstances that make you feel happier.

Ker said...

Yeah, that's not cool. You should probably talk to the RS prez and say that people need to contact you or they're out o' luck.

So Beth's finally out, huh?