Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birthday Greetings

I know you are all dying to know about my 29th birthday last monday. First, how can I have a 33 year old son and a 31 year old daughter?? Must be the space/time continuum. Must talk to star trek about this.

I had a lovely dinner of beef stroganoff on Tuesday. We couldn't do it on Monday because it was too late by the time I finished swimming and rescuing David, who locked himself out of the car at the Cheesecake factory. HMMMM. Of COURSE I'll pick you up. I had asked for a 7 inch chocolate mousse cheesecake, so that is what he got me. I love when husbands actually take the hint and run with it. Then I talked to Carolyn as I was driving there, and it was the GODIVA cheesecake that was so scrumptious. So I called him and asked if he could exchange it. They wouldn't take it back, which I thought but was worth the try. Boy, was it worth the try...they gave him a free slice of Godiva!! So, I got both. Yummmmmmmm.



I asked for a raised garden for my birthday, so Saturday we shopped. At the greenhouse advertising it they were $130. So we got the stuff individually at LOWE'S and for that price I am getting 3 of them, 2 that are 8 inches high and one that is 4 inches high. Today, I planted seeds in peat containers. I have never grown from seed before--I always got stuff from the nursery (or walmart) already sprouted. We will see. If they don't germinate, the nursery option is still open. I planted seeds of green beens, peas, carrots, radish, spinach, corn, kale, zuchini, and yellow squash. They also say that you can train your squash to grow up a trellis or a tomato thingie (how specific).



They say that you can grow things closer together in a raised bed. Probably because you only put GOOD soil in it.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That Godiva cheese cake looks SO awesome! I hope you enjoyed it! And Happy Birthday!