Friday, April 24, 2009

Picnic Table

Our poor picnic table was made long, long ago when all the kids were still at home, I think. I don't recall any waterproofer being applied, but dad thinks he did it once...though not till already damaged.

We decided to cover the top with vinyl (flannel on the other side) material. I remembered my 50% off Jo-Ann's coupon, so it cost about $15, as opposed to totally replacing the wood, which was dad's idea. That would have been significantly more money and effort. I got enough fabric to cover the benches also but we are waiting for dad to bring foam scraps home from work. Might as well make it softer as well! It took about 10 minutes to attach. There have been a number of rainy days, too, and it still looks good.





And might as well eat out as long as the weather was so nice and the table could be eaten at without giving you splinters. Have you guys seen the gas grill we got last year?

1 comment:

Ker said...

Looks good! Yeah, we've had that picnic table for a long, long time. I hadn't seen the grill...looks like a good one!

How are you guys enjoying being empty nesters?