Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I declare

a FATWA on ants. I know that having ants has nothing to do with if you clean your house or not. Well, I guess if you regularly left food out and doors open it might increase your likelihood of ant populations. But the reverse is not true. You can keep your house totally clean and someone sneaky puts out an ant sign (the lettering is sooooo tiny that the home ocupee doesn't even know it's out there. Like, in hobo days how hobos would leave some coded message that told other hobos of places that would feed them.

At first, I had no ants (not counting back home). Then I woke up one morning to find dozens of them on the kitchen counter. Not being my house, I didn't know where anything might be to zap them. Under the sink was some spray Lysol. I sprayed them and they died!! Yea!!! Next morning, they're back. More sprayage. At least there weren't so many. I was doing my dishes after every meal. All food is in the fridge, including cereal, crackers and chex mix.

I'd go a couple of days only seeing a couple.

Then, I found one in my bathroom glass. No more middle of the night drinks for me, that's for sure.

Today, the sign must have been up again, for I was again invaded. I lysoled them (why doesn't THAT go on the teeny signs: Avoid like the plague or you will be shot with Lysol and die). I admit a washed off fork in the sink. not cleaned yet, but washed off, hey!

I got back from swimming my mile. Turn on the tub faucet. Look down. THERE ARE 12-15 ANTS IN THE TUB. No food there. Well, apple shampoo. but really. So, I got my bathroom cup and drowned every last one. Til I look again, I suppose.

A fatwa on them. All believers kill ants at your leisure. You won't be held responsible. Die!!! (to the ants)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Ewww!