Sunday, September 07, 2008

I have arrived...so has Ryan

I think the last I posted was from Nebraska. The next day we finished Nebraska (thank goodness) and went all but 3 miles of Wyoming. also yea!!!!! They are both so boring, and I personally (with no offense to wyomingans), hate wyoming. It is so desolate looking. and long.

The next day took us to Baker City, Oregon. At least there were no more state lines to pass. With each one, Ry had to call Vicki and request a kiss. mush mush...
The super 8 had a bigger pool than Evanston, although I did swim for 45 minutes there. Super 8, however, had the pool closed. It looked like crime scene tape around the hot tub (which i wasn't going to use). Where are the CSI's when you want them???

For some reason, on Saturday, Ryan wanted to get going early. He was very excited, and we only had a 5 hour drive. We got to Aloha (pronounced aloa) about 2 pm. The little house I am staying in is soooo cute. And it's nice to have a place to go away. Vicki put in some stores for us, including the only western fabulous stephen's cocoa. Yumm.

Vicki is very nice. The kids, Sam and Jacob are nice also. We will be getting better acquainted as time goes on.

In very sad news, Kevin has moved to Detroit to stay with his girlfriend, Debra. For scripture last night, Dad had us read the parable of the prodigal son. Instead of hope, as it should give me, it instead makes me want to cry. Everyone knows that it was time for Kev to move on, but the circumstances of it are just so wrong. Please keep him in your prayers.

I have found a pool nearby to swim in---yea!!!!!

love to all
mom

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

eew, mushy indeed! I didn't know Ryan could be so mushy! :-) tee hee!

Glad you're both safely there.

Braden said...

Kerry insists on calling me and asking for a kiss every time that she crosses from one room to another. I have to turn my phone off while at work!

Kevin, if you read this, good luck to you, and do not forget that the principles of the Gospel that you have learned throughout your life lead to strength, not weakness.