Wednesday, September 03, 2008

On the mormon trail

I forgot to tell you that we crossed the great mississippi yesterday, although you might have inferred it when we left Illinois for Iowa. Had a good breakfast included with the hotel. yogurt, cereal, bagels, hot chocolate and belgian waffles.

Today we crossed the Missouri river. At first Iowa was flat, but as we approached Council Bluffs, it got very hilly. I kept picturing the pioneers walking up and down while Anna (Ryan's Jetta) struggled to take all our stuff on her back towards Oregon. The corn was not as high as an elephant's eye, but it was about 4 foot high and tassled.

Nebraska, just about my least favorite state is still forever long. Ry says it should be called "Flatska". I think it is about 450 miles long. or wide, I should say. Full of corn and I think soybeans. and very very flat. As I recall, Wyoming is pretty flat also, till you get way west and start the rockies foothills. It also is eternally long/wide.

Oh, I went swimming this morning at 7 am. The bed was not comfy, so I was up. I thought maybe it would make my muscles feel better.

Well, hope everyone is okay. Just heard that Kevo is moving to Detroit saturday. Apparently gave notice 2 weeks ago.

love you, mom

No comments: