Thursday, October 30, 2008

slow cooker chicken cordon bleu

I made a delicious, easy meal here that I want to remember so I can make it at home. Sorry, Carolyn, I don't think Dan likes stuffing:

Ingredient:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (can put in frozen). enough to cover the bottom of the crockpot for three, layering if you want to serve more.
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 oz sliced ham
4 oz sliced swiss cheese
1 8 oz package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter melted ( the day I made this, we had no butter in house, so I poured on some half and half.

Directions:

Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the woup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and swiss cheese. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top. Drizzle the butter over the stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. (or longer if you aren't ready to eat yet.}


Man was this good. mmm, hmmm

BTW, this came from allrecipes.com

No comments: