Thursday, October 30, 2008

this and that from washington

I believe that Jenna has had her first poptart this morning. I am trying to find things that she will eat by herself so that it is less work on Kerry. She now eats peanut butter on ritz crackers (sandwiches) for lunch. Certainly it is less nutritious than the baby fruits and vegetables she was eating, but lots easier if the mother involved is starving herself. Once we started on food she could eat herself, she is not too thrilled to eat baby food. On one hand, it adds to her independence which she should be working on at this time. I even made her use the spoon and put milk on her cheerios. She likes the spoon.

Breastfeeding seems to be going a little better for Kerry and Katie (the two KJE's here). She is latching on better and will sometimes take both breasts at the feeding. She, Katie, needs to work on sleeping soundly at night instead of the day. She still is hard to wake up in the daytime in order to feed, which is frustrating Kerry alot--Kerry wants to sleep at NIGHT.

Pictures will have to wait until I go home...2 weeks and 1 day to columbus. not that I am counting or anything. It is nice here, but I MISS MY HUSBAND AND MY HOUSE AND HAVING EVERYTHING HAVE A CERTAIN PLACE TO BE.

No word from Carolyn, so I suppose all is still the same. Carolyn, I pray for you at least daily...sometimes more. This last bit of pregnancy is soooo hard. not like the beginning is a piece of cake.

I have to go grocery shopping today..I have put it off for 2-3 days. Now, instead of sunny I have overcast, but if I don't go today, Jenna will run out of milk. but not Katie!!!!

Well, Jenna just unfolded and threw around the clothes that I folded yesterday. Serves me right for not paying attention!!! So, I guess I better go to the store.

No comments: